The Frittata is sometimes called the Italian version of an omelette. The fillings can be endless possibilities. Most often it is a breakfast item but can be eaten for any meal , either hot or cold.
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
▢ 4 large eggs
▢ 1 medium sized squash
▢ ½ small red onion
▢ ¼ cup greek yogurt
▢ ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
▢ Freshly ground pepper
▢ Extra virgin olive oil
▢ 1 Pesto cube from IceTopper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the eggs, greek yogurt, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the squash, red onion, pesto cube and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables with the egg mixture and gently shake the pan to distribute.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Season to taste and serve.
Born & raised in the U.S., I have over 20 years of experience in the restaurant and wine industry throughout the Pacific Coast. These days I find myself living with my partner in Mexico City exploring new cuisines, cocktails and culture.
Sauté all sliced vegetables w/pesto
Combine the cooked veg w/the egg mixture and bake